My friends had all read my past blog about vinyl people stickers and my personal view on the dangers of placing them on your car.
My friends must have been worried about my level of cold hard judment and wanted to humble me and remind me that you can't judge until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes. What can I say? I'm the black sheep amongst those angelic ladies. (Excuse me while I control my laughter)
So, unbeknownst to me, they found a vinyl "Mom" sticker and placed it on the rear window of my car while I was either napping or gorging myself on round 42 of Laurie's brownies. My point is that they were stealthy.
Here is what I found when I went to go home on Sunday morning:
Okay, I laughed and maybe said a naughty word. But then I decided to rise to the challenge and leave it on for the drive home. Who knows, maybe I'd feel differently upon actually experiencing the joy of letting the world know I'm a mom.
Yep. I felt ridiculous. I may as well have replaced my head with a big block of swiss cheese - swiss because not only is it "cheesy", but it has holes in it.
Also, I feel very blessed that I was able to ditch that van load of dirty old men who were attracted by my "Mom" sticker and wanted to check out my curves.
The sticker was removed within about 10 minutes of me being home. So, it turns out I was right. Those stickers are lame.
Just sayin'.....

6 comments:
Ha ha...that's awesome! What fantastic friends. :) Too bad you didn't leave it on for when Steve drove the car though.
I'm glad you made it home safe. Thanks for allowing us a good laugh.
Jolene told me the story today and I was so sad I missed it first hand. For your sake...it is probably for the better. I am not sure I could have stopped at one vinyl person!
We knew you would appreciate it! Like I said, I just can't help myself when I'm away from the kiddos.
LOVE your friends!! That is awesome, lol. You deserved to experience it first hand. Maybe if you ever feel like getting checked out by creepy men you can put it back on for a day! lol
I could not agree more. It has bothered my for years how everyone has those stupid stickers that tell you there life story. There is a Suburban in my neighborhood that has those stickers of there sons names, High School, and football number. Hello too much info on one small window.
Post a Comment