I have occasionally been accused - mostly by The Hubs - of being overly optimistic to the point where I live in denial about life's little disappointments. In an effort to prove that I am actually able to see the annoying things in life, I've compiled this short list of bummers that make me grit my teeth.
Why is it that every time I go to put a load of clothing in the dryer there is already something there waiting to be folded? Even when I'm totally sure that I finished up my last load. I don't really know what to blame this on. My children and The Hubs certainly aren't sneaking loads of laundry in behind my back. I think my towels are breeding like rabbits - or, like my sister Emily says, breeding like frogs. (Ha ha ha...love you Em!)
I hate how every time I load the dishwasher and hit start I almost immediately come upon a straggler dish. An empty cup in the playroom, a fork next to the computer, an empty bowl under the recliner. Grrr... So annoying!
Why is it that kids only poo in fresh diapers? They go all day without having a BM and then I'll change their diaper and like two seconds later they're grunting in the crib. Why? And on a side note, why is it that I always run out of diapers in the middle of the night? During daylight hours the diaper stash looks mighty full, but sometime around midnight the same "elves" that are filling up my dryer with clothing are also steeling diapers.
Speaking of nighttime, why is it that people only get sick in the middle of the night? Never during daylight hours do you hear, "I think I'm coming down with something". No, instead you're woken up at 2:00 a.m. with the magic words, "Mama, are you awake? I think I have poo on my leg." Honestly.
So I'm a hip lady, jammin' along with the times in the year 2012, and I rarely use a checkbook these days. My kids probably don't even know what one is. But, why is it that the one or two times a year I dust off that relic and take it somewhere that I'm out of checks? How is this possible? Don't boxes of checks have like 200 in them? So it would stand to reason that I should ALWAYS have plenty. But no, I'm always caught unawares at the checkout stand, checkless and shamed.
I find it ironic, and not really that humorous, that my fuel light only comes on during rush hour traffic. As a stay at home mom I avoid rush hour fairly easily. But the one or two times a year that I'm forced to endure I'm also forced to listen to the repeated dinging of my fuel light. I like to live on the edge as much as the next person, but listening to my children whimper in the backseat about how we're running out of gas and will probably have to cannibalize the baby in order to survive gets a little tedious. Also, thoughts of having to call in back up with my classy excuse being, "How was I supposed to know I'd get stuck in traffic", isn't as titillating as you'd think. No one wants to be rescued by a ticked off knight with an I TOLD YOU SO attitude!
So, there you have it. I am capable of getting annoyed and I do realize that there are just some things in life you have to admit stink to high heaven.
Now, Hubs, if you want to stay off this here list you'd best start appreciating my ability to line everything with silver. 'Cause this glass is half full baby!!
9 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment