Around these parts we have been gifted with an 8 year-old.
Here are just a few of the things about living with an 8 year-old that I'm really enjoying.
* I can't tell you how comforting it is to know that someone in the house always knows more than I. No longer do I have to worry about not being able to accurately read the clock, decide which phone calls I'm going to answer and which I'm screening, the proper way to operate a seat belt and the correct way to mix Crystal Light. I can just sit back and relax knowing it's all under control.
* Baby care. The other day J-Baby had his shots and he never does well with them. He cried from about 2pm-5pm that day. Of course, as soon as Ms. Els entered the room from school she took him from me and he immediately ceased crying. Not sure if I'm mad at baby or grateful for Els. Probably both.
* General Parenting. Ms. Els is by far the more knowledgeable parent at our house. She's constantly doling out punishments, assignments, complainer's jobs and of course, keeping tabs on everything from who didn't flush the toilet to who moved her American Girl Doll's bangs to the left. Again, not much for me to do around here these days.
* Reading. Good news - someone in the house knows more words than I do now. Sometimes Ms. Els will even go so far as to read over my shoulder and correct me. Funny or annoying? I'm pleading the fifth. However, with her superior reading skills I've allowed her to take over bedtime stories. Leaving it to the pro.
* Operation of electronics. Ms. Els is now the resident authority on microwaving, turning on computers, working the DVD/Wii/Netflix trifecta and texting. (She can even do it WHILE caring for infants!)
Really, the list could go on and on. It's amazing that I was able to survive 33 years without her superior guidance and knowledge to lean on.
So grateful that I'm no longer alone in the darkness.
9 years ago

1 comment:
That means only about five more years till salvation for me... Can't wait! :o)
Post a Comment