Hello dear readers!
Many of you are friends with me on Facebook, or are friends with my family, and have already gotten word about a service project my sister put together. If you've already seen this info please feel free to close this page and come back to visit when I post something new. But if not, please, please read this letter from my sister.
I just want to add that having spent time at Huntsman Cancer Institute with my brother I have seen first hand what suffering looks like. You can't possibly imagine unless you've been there. These small things will make a difference.
Also, cancer makes people feel hopeless and powerless. You are at the mercy of the disease. This is a way for our family to try to give comfort and also honor our brother, Ben, and the battle he's fought so valiantly.
Thanks!
Aspen
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Dear family members,
With the Christmas season approaching, I have been trying to come up with a way we can incorporate some service into our celebration. I have been wracking my brain, wondering what we could do. And then the idea hit me this morning.
Gather items to donate to the Huntsman Cancer Institute.
My sweet brother has spent a lot of time in hospitals, including Huntsman, during his cancer battle. We know that it can be a sad and lonely place, and that not everyone has the amazing support that my brother has in his incredible wife, Sara. I wanted to do something to help other patients fighting cancer. So I started doing some research, and have decided I want to make "Essential Totes" for patients that are on an extended stay.
This is where I ask for the support of all of my family, friends and even strangers. I will gather donations from now until mid-December. (DECEMBER 10) We will then assemble and deliver the items as we get closer to Christmas.
If you feel like you could help out, PLEASE do.
We have seen the incredible suffering that cancer patients go through first-hand. We have seen the ones that are lonely as well, and it is heart breaking. If you would prefer to donate money, I can use that to buy supplies as well. I can take checks, cash or PayPal.
I know that things are tight around Christmas...I have 4 kids, I get it...but if you could find any wiggle room to give, it would mean a great deal to us. I plan on including a note in each bag saying that these are dedicated to Ben...the strongest person I've ever known.
Thank you in advance!
Camille
Please see Camille's blog for a list of needs, a button to donate through PayPayl, and also some FAQs:
(You can also link to her blog from mine ------> "Davis Family")

No comments:
Post a Comment