February 12, 2013

Love

It's just past midnight on the day that we laid my brother to rest.

It's so hard to believe that all around me life is going on as though nothing changed, yet my entire world has been rocked to it's core.

When I have more time, or I'm less tired, I hope to post more about this day.  But maybe not.  Maybe I'll let those thoughts and feelings stew for a while until the right words come and I'm ready.

One thing I do know is that in the future when I look back at this day I will be filled with love and gratitude.

Love for the literally hundreds of people who came to the viewing and funeral.

Love for the family and friends who traveled many miles to be with us.

Love for all the fun stories shared and hugs given.  For tissues passed and strong hands to hold.
 
You can't possibly understand what it meant to me to see your faces and to feel your support.

Your love helped to ease the sting of this day and make it into one of celebration and remembrance.

Thank you!
 
My sweet sis-in-law, Sara, says her final goodbye to Ben. 
A sweet moment never to be forgotten.


1 comment:

Rand said...

Ben and Sara, you are a beautiful eternal family. Nothing can change that now. We love you forever. Thank you Aspen for sharing your thoughts and feelings.