January 6, 2014

A Strange Way to Pray

Yesterday I needed to pray.  So, without really thinking about it I went into the bathroom, closed the door, and then I turned toward the door, pushed my head against it and prayed with my face in the towel that hangs on the back of the door.

As prayers go, it was a good one.

It wasn't until I left the room and began going about my business that I realized that I'd just prayed in the bathroom with my face mushed into a towel and had thought nothing of it.

Ah, the life of a mother.

All I can figure is that when I knew I needed a quick quiet moment to say a prayer I went to the one room where I do a lot of praying - the bathroom.  I do prayer time and shower time together quite often.  It's the one room that holds within it's power the possibility of private time.  All other rooms in the house have zippo chance of privacy.

As to why I turned and pushed my forehead into the door?

Well, sometimes even in the all powerful room of privacy, someone comes a knockin'.  So, I guess since my hands were going to be busy being folded the next best thing was using my forehead to hold the door closed.  Upon further thought I'm not sure why I didn't use my backside.  Would have been much more comfortable...

But, time is of the essence when sneaking away.  We don't always have time to really think things through.

On the bright side, at least I didn't sit on the toilet!

No comments: