At the end of summer parents everywhere {not so much the kiddos} are SO DONE with never ending messes, hours of electronics, begging people to do their chores and knowing that no one is wearing clean undies.
Right now, we're over the middle line and on our countdown back to school. I have mixed feelings. As summers go, this has been one of my best with my little family. I attribute it to the fact that the children are getting older. Some of them have even {GASP} begun sleeping until 8:00 a.m. Heaven to this mama!!
But there are definitely days when I want to go back to the days of clean-er and quiet-er. This coming school year will see my oldest three in school all day. It will just be me and JB home together. It's going to either be paradise, or be like boogers in the oatmeal. Only time will tell.
Today it has rained all day. I love summer rainstorms. I don't love the fact that it turns into Giggle-Fest 2014 when the kids and their
So I'm sitting here thinking about our summer, and how I'm going to be starting a job this weekend, and how even though sometimes the kids are like pesky dust bunnies on your furniture, I'm going to miss them when the routine comes back.
In the spirit of celebrating summer, here is a snapshot of what that's been like at our house.
Disclaimer: I have the right to totally and completely change my mind in the next couple of weeks!!!

























No comments:
Post a Comment