January 9, 2010

No Promises

In past years I’ve been a fan of jumping on the bandwagon and making a list of New Year’s resolutions. You know, the usual stuff: Be less sarcastic, pretend to care, laugh more, grumble less, allow my hubby to have an opinion etc.


Sadly, the year I’ve had the most success was the one that I jokingly resolved to gain weight. Who knew how well that would go! Even I am still amazed by my shocking results!

After some reflection, it turns out that I don’t like to be told what to do. Even by myself.

So, this year I decided to try something new. I’m going to treat myself like the child I apparently still am and use a little bit of reverse psychology.

My one resolution for 2010 is this: Do whatever you want, see if I care!

I’m hoping that if I step back and just let myself think that no one cares what I do, eventually I’ll make the choice to improve on my own, without someone forcing me.

It makes perfect sense if you re-read it about 50 times.

And just between you and me, so far it seems to be working! But let’s keep that on the down-low. I wouldn’t want to catch wind of it.

PS. Happy Birthday today to my spunky Cadie Lu. I love you!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Now that is MY kind of resolution! I will be supportive of your goal and not care what you do. :)

Emily said...

I think I want to join your club, of do whatever the heck I want this year too! Of course I'm not sure if reverse psychology works when you KNOW it's reverse psychology :)

Alison said...

Aspen again you just crack me up. This post totally is you and I love it!