April 19, 2010

Gravity - the fickle foe

Today I'm having a day of mourning.

It's true, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

I'm talking about my girlish figure.

My buns of steel are now memory foam - permanently flat from too much sitting.

My once shapely thighs are now more like a mountain range - lots of hills and valleys.

The stomach - okay, she was NEVER that firm - hangs there like a deflated balloon.

The boobs... oh dear me, the boobs. I can't even type this without getting choked up.


Dear Body Parts of the Past,

How I wish I had cherished you when I had the chance. You were beautiful and I took you for granted. I thought your perkiness and curves would last forever, and I didn't treat you with the respect you deserved.

Please come back to me. Give me a second chance. I'm just a mashed potato lump of a woman without you.

~ Aspen

4 comments:

Dawnie said...

I don't think you need to change a thing. If you decide you want some help we have been using sparkpeople.com and it has helped so much. I've already lost 15 lbs and Kevin has lost 27 lbs. It motivates you to do better. Check it out!

Camille said...

Oh my gosh, it's SO true! I was looking at some old pictures from before I got married (that was my first mistake) and realized I TOTALLY took for granted that I was skinny and could eat whatever I wanted. I'd sure be happier to have it back now!

Elizabeth said...

I haven't even had a baby and still have a squishy body. I think living with a boy doesn't help the situation!

Alison said...

Well what do ya say to that. I can related 100%