August 12, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

Tonight was one of those perfect summer evenings. The baking heat of the day had passed and a light breeze was blowing as the kids and I sat on the front steps eating popsicles while Dad mowed the lawn. We like to support him by cheering on from the sidelines rather than leaving him outside all alone and unappreciated!
I was personally very much enjoying the silence that only happens when chattering mouths are blissfully full. I was thrilled to be NOT thinking about the many issues needing my attention. And then...

"You know, Mom, I've had a really busy day. I've been practicing being a genie all day...just in case." Of course I asked for a demo of her newly acquired genie skills. She really has been practicing to be a genie... if genies look like they're suffering from a grand-mal seizure while granting wishes.

But hey, who am I to burst her little bubble? Maybe she really will be a genie someday!

Now I'm thinking that I should start practicing being rich, you know, just in case. I'm going to go shopping, sit around while someone cleans my house, order room service and get a bazillion different spa treatments. It's gonna be awesome...



I mean, I AM going to have a genie for a daughter after all, and I need to be ready when the mountains of gold start rolling in!

1 comment:

gail said...

Your blog is hilarious...I found it via Dawnie's...hope that's ok! :) this is abby btw.