November 10, 2010

It's a BuMpY Ride!


In no particular order, here are the things I’m LOVING about living with a 2 year-old.

•Life is a constant game of hide-n-seek. Where are my dvds? Where is my jewelry? Has anyone seen my wallet? And my personal favorite: Where’s that smell?

•I’ve learned to never become complacent. He keeps me on my toes. One day he loves nothing more than hot dogs. The next day he turns his nose up at them. Every day is a food adventure.

•My skills as a negotiator are unparalleled. I can offer options faster than he can shoot them down. I’m also really good at walking away when he can’t be satisfied. I do not negotiate with terrorists.

•My ability to feel guilt has been almost extinguished. If he doesn’t want to come inside the house when we get home, he’s welcome to sit in the car and scream as long as he wants. I’ll leave the garage door closed (so he doesn’t run away) and the house door open. He can walk in when he’s done attempting to communicate with his fellow screaming banshees. Meanwhile, I’ll enjoy some alone time.

•Just when I start to think that my college days of keeping odd hours are behind me, he’ll help me relive my past by waking up at all hours and wanting to party.

•I appreciate how he helps me keep away all those men who might be interested in me. He “brands” me by wiping his snot on my shoulder, or spilling his juice on my pants. It’s such a relief to not have to spurn unwanted advances. What a relief!


If life is a journey, J-Bear is the train conductor. And what a journey it’s turning out to be.

2 comments:

Camille said...

See...you're continuing your education from home! How wonderful of him to be such a great teacher.

Steve-0 said...

What other men?...Go J-Bear.