Last week I decided to actually attempt to follow the directions on the box and cook a frozen pizza on the oven rack rather than on a cookie sheet.
End result = great crispy crust, totally burnt pizza toppings in bottom of oven.
Now, over a week later, my house still reeks when I fire up the oven.
A simple fix would be to clean the oven. Alas, I am lazy.
Today as I was baking some cookies for a cute girl I know who is having a birthday, I again regretted cooking that dang pizza on the rack as my entire house filled with the throat burning stench. (As a side note, I now smell burnt. I sniffed my shirt to check.)
I was standing there thinking that I can't figure out why I only remember about the stinky pizza rejects when I'm cooking and my oven is hot and I can't do a dang thing about it.
And then, as I was thinking about my dinner plans I had a light-bulb moment that has led me to this momentous decision....
I am NEVER going to clean the oven.
Because when Hubs comes home and the house stinks he's going to say something about how bad it smells. But, no more. Tonight I'm going to tell him that I just didn't have the heart to cook dinner because I didn't want to smell up the house.
Suddenly I am not lazy, but ingenious! (Not to mention selfless in my regard for Hubs' nasal passages!)
This is the beginning of something beautiful....



2 comments:
AWESOME plan!
My parents once burnt a bag of microwave popcorn so badly that they could never get the smell out of their microwave (and thus their house, if they continued to use the microwave). They had to get a new microwave. Maybe there is a new oven in this for you? A self-cleaning one?Or maybe one that can not only clean itself, but cook all by itself? No, I guess that's too much to ask. One can't even get such features on a husband, let alone an appliance. But hey, a girl can dream.
Anyway, I'm with you. Oven cleaning = task to be put off until I move.
Post a Comment