This battle is with a furry little beast who cannot be controlled no matter how much I yell, slam doors, beg, plead, buy treats or threaten the pound.
If you guessed the hubs you would be wrong.
It's the dog.
Ooohhhh.... how I detest that wee mongrel. He used to be sneaky in his bad behavior, slinking around tipping over garbage cans or chewing up plastic dolls. Now he is blatant in his disrespect. His nose is buried in the garbage can next to my foot as I type this.
The thing that really slays me about this situation is the fact that he knows just when my heart is warming to him. And then he pounces.
Jasper - real name in case you want to steal him - has found a cozy place to spend his winter days. He lays in the sunlight streaming through the living room window. I haven't had the heart to break him of this habit.
Then,this past week, I left him in the living room while we had a picnic dinner in the family room for my Mom's birthday. When we went back to the living room the dog had eaten two of my mom's gifts.
For real.
The stupid thing is that he ate the boxes, but not the gifts in them. He was taunting me - showing me what could have been had he so desired. Not cool.
What am I to do with this animal? If I kick him out then I feel like a failure. If I make him spend his days in his kennel then I feel like PETA will be knocking my door down.
All I can really do is hope that next time he decides to eat something like that, he'll choke on it.


1 comment:
I feel your pain. I have had many a dog battle since meeting Will. (All Will's fault). My solution to my naughty dogs are banning them to the outside. I also will admit that I spank my dog unfortunately not my kids(food for thought). Anyways back to the dog I wouldn't say this fixes the problem but it gives me a sense of revenge for their behavior. Don't feel that by putting them outside is mean because it's winter. Remember dogs are animals and were meant for outdoors.
Post a Comment