Yesterday I dusted off a chocolate chip cookie recipe that my family used a lot growing up and got busy making a mess in the kitchen with my kids. When the dough was complete it was time for tasting, and then hoping that maybe there would be some left over for baking.
The moment that dough hit my mouth it was like flashing back to my childhood. I texted my sisters and told them "I just made ____ recipe. Tastes like memories." They agreed.
It got me thinking about how...
Donuts and chocolate milk taste like road trips.
Skittles and Sprite taste like holding my newborn after childbirth.
Pringles taste like Lake Powell.
Dutch Oven omelets taste like Moab.
Symphony chocolate bars and Coke taste like sitting in my college apartment watching ER and Friends.
Tiny Spicy Chicken tastes like roommates and laughter.
Spanky's Subs taste like post-college, post-mission reunions.
Muddy Buddy's taste like sisters and cousins laughing.
7-Layer bean tip tastes like Christmas Eve and Super Bowl Sunday.
There are so many more. Really, it would appear that my taste buds function as my memory banks as well.
Can't wait to taste what happens next!!



3 comments:
soooo tiny spicy chicken. Wow does that bring back memories.
I'm the SAME way! The girls got some Gobstoppers and I told Marty "this reminds me of Jr. High, I thought I was so rebellious buying these and a sprite or coke for lunch instead of actual lunch." Food is apparently what my life revolves around.
Wow, you nailed it Babe! Between food and music I think most of my memories are covered. Wierd how the senses we often take for granted can impact us so much.
Post a Comment