October 30, 2011

The Great Debate

Our family has been officially conquered by the flu bug of death this past week.  It's taken us from this...


To this...


Hubs and I decided to be really morbid about it and weighed ourselves to see how much we lost in our two days of toilet cuddling.  Hubs is down 8.  I'm down 5.  This may be encouraging if I wasn't in my last trimester of pregnancy.  Also, not the most pleasant way to loose weight.

We didn't weigh the children because that would just make us feel sad.

Anyhow, this has brought on what I feel is a major crux of household peace.  How to properly load the toilet paper roll onto the dispenser.

Obviously there is only one right answer.  Because a picture is worth a thousand words, see below.


Still confused?


In closing I offer you the wise and immortal words of my father who made this comment in years past when he traveled for a living:  "I can go all over the world and stay in hundreds of different hotels and the toilet paper goes over the roll.  But I come home and no one here can get it right!" 

You just don't mess with the roll!

If someone in your family needs an intervention, or you just have extra time on your hands, I'd like to refer you to this helpful and informative article.  Happy wiping!

1 comment:

Camille said...

It really sucks that you guys have been so sick! But I do agree that the toilet paper MUST be over, not under.