When he answered the phone I immediately began rambling about how I can't seem to do it all lately. Either the house is clean or my job is done. Either my boss is unhappy or my kids are neglected. I gave this little vent session my all, even adding an occasional wobble to my voice when I felt that it was warranted by the depth of my failure.
After I'd purged my soul I waited with baited breath to see what words of wisdom my darling Hubs in shining armor would impart.
"I know, babe. I feel the same way. I feel like I can't do anything right lately" was his soft reply.
Wait... huh? Next I found myself changing tactics and becoming the comforter rather than the disillusioned mother of 3.5.
"That's not true, Hubs. You do a lot of things well. We both do." I insisted. It sounded weak to even my own ears. While I believe in him I was still feeling a little less than stellar about myself.
"Like what?"
I quickly glanced around the room I was in as though the walls would hold the answers I was seeking. Then, I looked down at my girth and began to giggle a bit.
"Well, I'm really, really good at eating!" I said.
No giggles from Hubs. Although, really, if he'd have giggled I'd probably have found it a bit odd.
"Nope, you can't even say we're good at eating. Last week we spent three days failing at even that" (we'd had a nasty flu!).
This got me laughing even more. "We have even failed at eating!! We are the world's biggest failures. We should form a club for losers. People who can't do anyting right at all. We won't even eat. We'll just sit around staring at each other wishing someone could do something, but finding comfort in the fact that no one can."
Care to join us?





2 comments:
I'm a Loser baby so why don't ya kill me.
Okay, so next time you are in that mode give me a call. I can think of TONS of things that you both do awesome. It makes my heart sad that you could possibly feel like you are failing. Your family is such a great example to me in my life and how I want to be when/if I grow up!
Love you both!!
Post a Comment