Who needs sleep?
Well you're never gonna get it
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what's that for
Who needs sleep?
Be happy with what you're getting
There's a guy who's been awake
since the Second World War
Well you're never gonna get it
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what's that for
Who needs sleep?
Be happy with what you're getting
There's a guy who's been awake
since the Second World War
~ Barenaked Ladies
I heard this song on the radio the other day and it was like the lyrical genius behind this had ripped a page from my diary and put it to music!
My baby won't sleep. He's tired, he's cranky, he's high on life. I can't really blame him for not wanting to miss one minute of the action around here. I mean, really, I've been checking email and Joely's been playing DS for the last 30 minutes. Edge of your seat type stuff!
I'm trying to figure out just what JB has to gain from not sleeping. Naps are clearly wasted on the young. I can fall asleep in the snap of a finger if given half a chance. Some days when the girls are at school, JB is asleep and Joely is coloring or something, I'll look around, see my chance, and be asleep before my cheeks hit the lazy boy. I may only get 10 minutes, but they are glorious.
I'm also trying to figure out what keeps JB from sleeping soundly through the night.
*He probably hears The Hubs snoring, coughing and tooting in the next room.
*He hasn't learned to count yet, so maybe those sheep running around his room are just confusing.
*Perhaps, like his sister Cadie Lu, he has developed an irrational fear of praying mantis's attacking as soon as you let your head hit the pillow.
* Maybe sleeping with a light saber is distracting and uncomfortable.
*It is possible that some light has manged to sneak around his dark curtains and alert him to the fact that it's only 4:30 p.m.
*Perhaps he's violently angry about the portrait Ms. Els drew of him and hung on his bedroom door. I felt like she got his nose all wrong, it would appear he agrees.
*Maybe his stuffed animals are staring at him, or sharing his air and breathing space. Those types of things really bother the older siblings.
Who knows. All I know is that I'm tired. And it's making me grumpy. And even though my current goal in life is to win Monopoly at McDonald's, I really shouldn't be consuming these levels of Diet Coke just to keep my anger in check.Then again... if I win the million, I'll hire a nanny who has been trained to use tranquilizer darts and all my problems will be over.
Gotta go, McDonald's is waiting............


No comments:
Post a Comment