The other day Cadie Lu said to me, "Mom, you sure haven't been busy doing much lately!"
Huh. Interesting observation....from the blind! From the child who is blissfully attending school each day. From the one who freaks out when I ask her to pick up her socks!!! Sheesh!
{sigh}
Apparently moving, setting up a new home, getting sick twice and just plain caring for a family doesn't count.
So, I'm going the revenge route with this one.
I was saving this photo for embarrassment in the future. But it turns out I feel like embarrassing her today.
{Sadly, this will also involve throwing Els and JBear under the bus.... but my hands are tied}
Please gaze upon this picture....
Yep.
Actually, the more I look at this picture the more I think that the person who should truly be embarrassed is JBear. What, exactly, is he doing? Who poses like that? Who even thinks to spoon their sister that way?
This from the boy who just recently was heard to yell, "I HATE TRUE LOVE!!!"
Well, friend, actions speak louder than words. And sometimes get caught on camera.
Perhaps this photo op was just the thing that pushed him into his place of hating love. Who knows. All I know is that I set out to retaliate against Cadie Lu and I've ended up saying disparaging things against J Bear who's only crime was pulling up his pj pants too high and giving his sister a snuggle.
Okay. It's only getting worse.
Welcome to parenthood. The place where you start out trying to do one thing and end up doing another thing entirely.
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment