October 1, 2009

I've Got YOU Babe ...

You know, it really warms my heart and gives me strength to know that my family has got my back. Through up's and down's, sickness and health... yadda, yadda, yadda. You get the idea.


This past week I've been pretty dang sick. It even got to the point that I spent Wednesday morning at the Instacare getting chest x-rays to see if I had pneumonia. Good news, no pneumonia. My point is, I was sick. It's documented in the medical community!

My lovely neighbor offered to take my carpool week for me while I recovered. On Tuesday when she picked up Eliana I heard her say, "Hi Eliana. Is your mom feeling any better yet?" I didn't hear Eliana's reply.

After school, I asked Eliana what she'd told the neighbor about the state of my health. Are you ready to have your heart warmed by the response of my empathetic and considerate daughter?!

Me: Els, what did you tell Ms. ----- when she asked if I was feeling better?
Eliana: I said, Yes, she's feeling better. And I hope that when I get home from school today she'll have stopped being so lazy.

I was speechless. Lazy? I'm lying on the couch, in the fetal position, begging for death and she has the audacity to call it "being lazy"!!

So, I did what any other self respecting mother would do. I called the neighbor to thank her for doing carpool that day... and you'd better believe that I made sure to practically hack a lung while I was on the phone with her! Can't have her thinking I'm just lazy!

3 comments:

Dawnie said...

I didn't know that you were so sick. I think Kevin and I got a smaller dose of the same thing. I've felt VERY lazy the past few days but then it passes and I just don't care. Let us know if there is anything you need.

Camille said...

That sucks that you've been so sick! What is the deal? Ever since Joel's birth...it always leads back to Joel. :)

Kids are so sweet. Brielle said to me yesterday when I sat by her on the couch, "Mom, could you please move? I don't want to smell you." Nice huh? She's a sweet heart...must have learned from Eliana. ;)

Scott and Emily said...

That's awesome! Man, kids are great. :o)