October 16, 2009

My Village

Perhaps it’s the fact that the sun is shining today. Maybe it’s because the kidlin’s are playing nicely. It could be the sweet sounds of a sleeping baby, or the remnants of the mint brownie I just polished off. Regardless of the reasons, I’m feeling a bit nostalgic today.

The topic of my mental ramblings? FAMILY

Tomorrow morning the Hadley Circus is pulling out of town and heading down to St. George to meet the newest member of the family. Of course, having a newborn added to the family has taken me back to when my babies were born. (It’s also made me afraid to have a newborn EVER AGAIN… but that’s for another post!)

I’ve been thinking about the past years of parenthood and there is one thing I know for sure. If it weren’t for my family, I’d be in an asylum, drooling on my pillow. There’d be no mint brownies or sleeping babies.

Thanks to my family I’ve had help in navigating the occasional (ok..daily!) deep waters of parenting. I’ve gone to them with tears, shared the laughter, begged for babysitting services, and just generally handed over part of my load for them to carry.

So, this post is for them. The Hadley and Ridges families. I love being a part of your village. And I thank you for the things you constantly do to keep this little train on its tracks. I quite literally couldn't do it without you!!

I’d bring you a mint brownie… but I ate them all… they were yummy too!

3 comments:

Camille said...

How sweet...I know by "Ridges Family" you meant me. :) Just kidding...it is weird to be away from the village for now, but we'll be back eventually!

p.s. just because it's kind of funny, my word verification to post this comment is "sucko". I don't know why I thought that was funny or why I should share that with you.

Dawnie said...

I can't imagine our village without you. We love you so much and hope that you know that. Remember "Hadley Orchard" some are fruits, the rest are nuts!

Campbell Family said...

I seriously loved reading your blog! You ridges' girls have a way with words! Glad you have your village close....especially for babysitting services!