I think it's time that the world forgives Brad Pitt for the demise of his marriage to Jennifer Aniston. I still remember that day in 2005 when the news broke and how sad I was. (Give me a break, I was at home with one baby to care for and had a lot of time on my hands!)
Anyhow, at the time I totally blamed Brad because it was obvious that he'd fallen victim to the wiles of she-devil Angelina Jolie.
But now.... well... here's what I realized while I was doing my hair the other day:
In the 5 years since the failure of the Pitt-Aniston household, what has happened relationship-wise to the two of them?
Brad Pitt - he's been in a committed - albeit disturbing - relationship and has become a father.
Jennifer Aniston - she's dated one he-skank after another and had about zero commitment to anyone.
Now - as things have shaken out - it kind of looks like Brad wasn't the problem. Maybe Jen (oh yes, the media says I can call her that) was the weak link. Brad wanted a home and Jen wanted freedom to slink around town doing who knows what.
So, Brad, I apologize for my judgment and I forgive you for simply trying to find a happier situation where you could have a family and a nice - albiet disturbing- life.And, just for the record, this has NOTHING to do with the fact that you've repeatedly been named Sexiest Man of the Year. I'm just here for you, regardless!

3 comments:
You're oh so very wise. I've always blamed it on Brad and Angelina as well. I will re-think that now.
Thanks for putting the more important things in life in perspective.
Interesting take. I did not think of it like that. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has spent time wondering why, as I thought, a perfect couple would split. I like this take. Just for the record I have always liked Angelina. Maybe it's because she is odd and well we all like to stare at things that baffle us.
Post a Comment