You know, she has a point. Church is a lot of words interspersed with occasional songs and prayers which send us from one place of words to another.
I myself have struggled with the boredom factor of church. I should probably feel more ashamed than I do when I admit that I've brought the Ensign magazine to church on occasion to read during a particularly boring group of words. Hey, at least it wasn't People or something!
I guess the trick is to try to keep your head up, eyes open and ears ready to hear the one or two words a week that have an impact on you. Sure, you may sit there for three hours listening to a lot of words that fall against your head like waves against a dam without really getting in.
But then some of that water finds a small crack in that brick wall you've built and it manages to leak in and saturate your mind.It's those words that remind me of the really important things: Be nice and try your best.
Besides, Ms. Els knows that we're supposed to go to church on Sundays and there's no living with her when we miss it. Just sayin'.

2 comments:
So much wisdom for such a young age!
So funny. Jaxon was just telling me he hates church, it's so boring, all they do is talk and talk and then sing. I guess EVERYONE thinks the same thing.
Post a Comment