October 12, 2010

A Fine Line

You know, just because I'm in my 30's, have been married for 11+ years, have three small children, a dog, and a part-time job doesn't mean I should let myself go... right?

This is the sad little pep talk I give myself about once every three months.

On that glorious morning I will let my long hair hang down in curls, find something other than a t-shirt to wear and dust off the old make-up bag.

It's almost like Christmas as I spread those eye shadows and concealers over my bathroom counter. Then I get to work. I imagine how my eyes will sparkle and how I will look younger and fresher than I have in a long time.

When I'm all finished and I step back from the mirror, this is what I suddenly feel like:

I was going for this:


Apparently, much like there's a fine line between love and hate, there is a fine line between super-models and pirates.

Savvy?

3 comments:

Scott and Emily said...

I give myself the same, sad little pep talk every so often too. But sadly, the pep talks are getting fewer and further between.

Camille said...

But you pull off the pirate look so well! :)

Alison said...

So I am not the only one. Do you have wrinkles like me? When did I all of a sudden look old? I want my 20s back!