November 4, 2010

Thankful

So it bugs me that my last post is just hanging there like bad breath in the morning. I've been trying to find something humorous to share in an effort to move forward. But it hasn't been a very funny week.

However, with it being November, and with recent events, I have been thinking about things that I'm appreciative of right now. So, here is the short list.

1 - Ms. Els saw our iron a little while ago and asked me what it was for. At first I wasn't sure if I should feel guilty that my almost 7 year-old has no idea what a clothing iron is, but I've chosen instead to be grateful that I don't iron... and no one cares. My husband never complains and seems to accept his life as "The Wrinkle Guy".

2 - We've had an overwhelming amount of people bring meals over the past week (and even one Pizza Hut gift card!). I'm grateful that people seem to know I hate cooking and are willing to serve me by taking away that much dreaded chore. My family is grateful too!

3 - With the surge of hormones finally leaving my body, I'm thrilled to report that my acne is decreasing and I do believe growth of chin hair is also leveling out. Sweet. Because I'm sick of my daughters asking what's up with my face.

4 - J-Bear has finally begun to understand all about the "1,2,3" of discipline. It's awesome. He pouts, but he moves that little body where I need it to go. I'm grateful that I'm not carrying him everywhere right now.

5 - I'm grateful for the fact that I'm pretty sure my younger kids aren't forming permanent memories right now. At least, I'm banking on that. And denial has worked well for me in the past. Because I don't want their memories to mainly be of television and mom reading a novel in the corner. On that note...

6 - I'm pretty darn grateful for TV and library cards. And a husband who is willing to embarrass himself by going to the library and pick up romance novels for me.

7 - I'm grateful that the neighbors dogs threw me a "bone" this week and haven't been barking as much.

8 - And thank you too, Mother Nature, for letting the sun shine and the leaves change color. It's beautiful outside right now.

Happy Thankful Time!

1 comment:

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Way to keep it positive Aspen. Always love reading your posts... keep it up. LOVE YA!!