In sticking with our family theme of anger management issues....
Very unfortunately, Steve (aka Papa Bear) re-injured his back over Thanksgiving.
I forced him to go to the Instacare on the Friday after for the sole purpose of getting drugs. Never in my life have I been one of "those" people, but on that day I was. It felt kind of mischievous. I liked it.
Very unfortunately, Steve (aka Papa Bear) re-injured his back over Thanksgiving.
I forced him to go to the Instacare on the Friday after for the sole purpose of getting drugs. Never in my life have I been one of "those" people, but on that day I was. It felt kind of mischievous. I liked it.
Steve, however, as an employee of the health care organization we were were visiting, was slightly insulted that we were in and out without his expected "touch of healing". I thought it was the world's BEST ever visit to the doctor. In and out in 20 minutes with no crying children and a prescription to happy land. I call that excellence in health care.But, I'm rambling.
One of the drugs that Steve was given was a delightful little medication called steroids. The doctor warned us that Steve may feel a little more "irritable" while taking this. He then shot me a look that basically meant "Buckle Up". I appreciated his warning.
Fast forward a few days. Steve has been sitting in a Lazy Boy chair for three days. He may be hallucinating due to a nice little drug cocktail. The children are practicing for their new role in the Gremlins Movie remake.
And Papa Bear...

Morphs into...
I quickly cleared the gremlins out of the room and gently suggested Papa Bear try to sleep it off.He did.
The very next day Grumpy Bear made his appearance...

This time he was yelling and said, "I don't know why I'm so mad!!"
"It's the meds talking." I replied.
If only that was the first time that phrase had been uttered in our household.
If only it would be the last.

No comments:
Post a Comment