Recently the Hubs made the mistake of casually mentioning that one of the things that he found attractive about me when we met and were dating was that I lived a fairly adventurous life.
It got me to pondering, then feeling nostalgic, and now moping.
I WAS adventurous. I had a very adventurous youth. My brother and I spent countless hours riding anything we could find in the mountains behind our home from horses to ATV's. I went boating, camping, skiing, to friend's cabins, jeeping, repelling, exploring Indian ruins and just about anything else you can think of... all while still in junior high and high school.
College life held still more new adventures (which I cannot put in print). And when Steve and I met the fun only increased now that I had a partner in crime to share it all with. It was a fun and full life.
Things have come to a screeching halt.
You know how some people cry at Hallmark card commercials? I cry when I see a jeep video or the snow fall totals at the ski resorts. I'm all sorts of sentimental about nature.
But then, while washing the dishes tonight I accidentally dropped a spoon in some soapy water and before I even knew what was coming at me I got some soap in my eye. It burned like the fires of Hades.
So see, maybe my life isn't so dull after all......... right?.....anybody?.....
9 years ago

3 comments:
Somehow soap in the eye doesn't seem quite as fun as our lives before children....but that's just me.
I don't think you are alone in your thoughts. Sometimes I wonder when I got so boring. I guess it is just part of the territory and I'm sure once your kids are a little older you will be the ring leader of 3 adventurous youth which will give you plenty of stories for the future!
you're adventures are not over, they just require more planning. ;)
Post a Comment