March 28, 2011

Shhh.... don't tell

I like to go through life thinking that my closet is relatively skeleton free.  My vices are obvious ones - baked goods, romance novels and sunny red rock parts of the state.  Nothing big, nothing dangerous or exciting.  Pretty run of the mill.

But, I was faced to force a truth today that made me feel equal parts naughty and ashamed. 

Here it is.  Be gentle.

I am in LOVE with the Veggie Tales "Christian" Kids tunes.

Oh man.  It's so embarasing!

I love to turn on my i-Pod in the kitchen during the morning cleaning frenzy and pump it up to such songs as:

I Am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N, Have A Little Talk with Jesus and Allelu Allelu.  (Only three of the 25 at my fingertips!)

Humiliating.

Even now, as I'm typing this, I'm singing along to their catchy tunes and feeling like I'm walking the line between blushing dork in her 30's and lighter carrying audience member.  (Does this mean I'm like a Veg-Head?)

But really, I dare you to listen and feel differently. 

(No, really, do listen....because my kids can't be the only other people who like this stuff!!!  And, besides, I'll need someone to go with then their show comes to town!)

5 comments:

Camille said...

I LOVE VeggieTales! I didn't know you could get their music...I got an iTunes gift card for my birthday, would it be losery to admit I'm considering looking into getting songs from VeggieTales with it now?

Allison said...

Um...I broke into "Oh Where Is My Hairbrush" just last night while at a game night. And then I slept in my VeggieTales pajama pants that night. True story.

Dawnie said...

I don't know very many of their songs but I really do enjoy the shows. It is a guilty pleasure. I guess you are in good company!

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

I have the CD's and movies. I had them before I even had Oaklynn, lol. I was just listening to it this morning with Oaklynn while getting ready, "Oh where is my hair brush", "God is bigger than the, boogie man", lol. Their music is awesome!

Rebecca Banner said...

I smell an awesome playlist in the making for our annual girls retreat!!!