And I want to live in this....
When we moved into our current home we knew that it wasn't our "forever" home. It was a means to get us to a good area with good schools and close to family. But, we didn't count on the fact that we were going to really end up LOVING our schools and neighbors and being close to family. All while stuck in this "temporary" home.
As I've watched house prices plummet and wished I could take advantage of the situation, I've lost a little sleep while scheming ways to sell our home and "move up" in our neighborhood to the much nicer homes just east of us. It's not a reality. Dang. Sleep lost for nothing.
But then, this morning, while I was doing my hair and pondering - most my pondering happens in the bathroom because this it the only place I can claim temporary sanctuary - I had a light bulb moment.
I share it with you.
It doesn't matter what your house looks like on the outside. Just like people, it's what's on the inside that counts. We may not have the nicest facade on our home. Our yard may not be the Eden I wish it was. There's dog poo to be scooped, weeds to pick, cracks in the cement and candy wrappers in the bushes.
And, frankly, the inside decor of my home would make Oprah clap her hands together in dismay and offer me the services of an extreme makeover.
But, really, none of this matters.
What matters is that I kiss and hug my kids a million times a day. I tell them I think they are funny/smart/witty/interesting and glad they are mine. I "goose" The Hubs, create memories, and love the quiet moments when we wash dishes together and catch up on our day. The dog snuggles in any lap he can find. Sure, we fight, we have tears, doors are slammed and stairs are stomped up.
But, we love.
So, I guess all that really matters is that I make my house a haven for my family.
And I can do that even without million dollar chandeliers lighting my way.





1 comment:
Great post....you are SO RIGHT!! Love you so much!!!
Post a Comment