To swear or not to swear… that is the question. I’m hoping someone out there can help me figure out what the devil is going on with all the potty mouth acronyms I’ve been encountering lately!! I mean it seems to me that if you want to fit in with the Facebookers and Twitterers (yes, I just typed that) of this world then you need to be able to wield the mighty “WTF” or “OMG”. I just don’t get it.
My first thought is – would you say that out loud… actually type out the phrase in “long hand”? If not, then why is it okay to shorten it? If you’re going to “OMG” all over the place, you may as well just say it. Seriously, who reads those acronyms and doesn’t say the words in their head??
My second thought is – the whole pseudo-swear phenomenon is very tiring!! It’s somewhat annoying to decipher. I’m too tired to attempt to figure out if “WTF” means “Where’s The Farmer”, “Who’s That Fox”… or … well… you know!
Either swear, or don’t. If you don’t want to swear, then stop using those stupid acronyms and pretending. And if you do want to swear, then go to sailor/pirate school and embrace it fully – no more hiding behind an innocent little “WTF” you scurvy dogs!
Frankly, all those people using acronyms just make me LMAO!!

4 comments:
You're a dork...however I do agree. I hate those things. Especially when people assume you know they mean oh my GOSH. The mind instantly goes to what it was originally created to abbreviate.
How many times did you make me swear, in my head, as I read your post? Too funny! BTW, we missed you last night.
Hilarious and oh so true!
Post a Comment