J-Bear loves them so much that he's replaced the words to Jingle Bells with the words "chicken nuggets" which he repeats over and over again to the tune. It's quite lovely. He also likes to say "knock, knock, who's there, chicken nuggets".
Anyhow, today we were out and about running errands and as tummies began to yearn for food, the chicken nugget requests began coming my way. (Huge shocker!)
I threw out the "we have no money" excuse and we came home.
As we pulled into the garage, my ever resourceful Ms. Els said something like, "If we can find the money, can we get nuggets?"
Sure. Why not. I personally threw out about 400 pennies while I was cleaning the house this past week, so I was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen.
About 10 minutes later the three little hoodlums came up to me in the kitchen and dumped a truck-load of loose change on the counter. Their little eyes were gleaming with joy as Ms. Els divided the change into piles of quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies. (Frankly, I was a little annoyed that any pennies had survived my purging!)
After adding it all up the grand total was ..... $7.52. I do not lie.I asked where on earth they had found all that change. They informed me that it was in the car, under the beds, in the couch, in various dress-up purses etc. I find it ironic that not one cent of it came from the change jar we have on our kitchen counter.
I just started laughing and said, "Darn it, let's ride!"
I scooped the change into a baggie and we hit Wendy's. The cashier was not amused when I handed him the bag of change with a smile. I don't think he actually took the time to count it before he waved us on. I must have an honest look about me!
Now that I know how hard those people will work for chicken nuggets, I'm tempted to put it to use. As the only one at home during the day with a driver's license and debit card I have some serious power.
Hmm.... EXCELLENT....

4 comments:
Awesome!!!
That's hilarious. Be careful what you promise those kids of yours!
Oh, the power of the chicken nugget! That's awesome!
They told me all about it! They were so pleased. Ha!
Post a Comment